Nov 4, 2012

Nails For The Week: Newspaper Nail Art

Newspaper has lots of function.. It can be use as gift wrapper, covers, placemat, for school project purposes, etc... And now, It is also a bright idea to use our old newspaper on our NAILS!! Why not??



Here's my example:




For the things I used:


As you can see, I didn't use a newspaper, instead I used my old song book (the texture of this and a newspaper is the same, anyway). You can also use magazine, pocketbooks, etc.

Use any kind of alcohol (except beers) which has a 70% Solutiona small container where you will pour the alcohol, and of course any light shade of nail polish for your base. Here I used Jocarste Nail Polish in No. 36. 



Of all my nail art designs, I find this one the easiest to do.

Now, what you will do on your newspaper/magazine is to soak a PIECE of it on the alcohol and press it on your nails for about 15secs, just like putting a 2 pesos worth of tattoo on your body that we used to buy back when we were kids, remember?. Then slowly remove..

And lastly, apply your favorite top coat. Here I used Chic Nail Polish in Regular/Colorless.



Here's the shots of my  'Before and After' I put a top coat.. Find the difference.


                          Before                                                    After

As you can see on the left side, there are white casts on my nails. This is because of the residue of the paper. But after I put a top coat, the white casts seemingly disappear, and the font color also popped out, except my ring finger (my mess!).


That's it!

Why don't you try it on yourself?? It's just easy. Promise!;)


If you have a questions related to this, just comment below. :)



No comments:

Post a Comment

a huge thanks for your comment ---LEMY♥ ☺